Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pendulum - The Island (Madeon RMX)


Ok people, like I said yesterday, I had 2 tunes in store for serious postage. Don't hate me now or anything, but I totally forgot the name/author of one. But! Have no fear, Madeon is here. Y'all should be familiar with Madeon by now, but I'm betting there's a few here and there who aren't (which is fine guys 'n girls, you know now!). Seriously though, everyone knows Pendulum right? On their latest(?) album Immersion, there were two tracks called The Island Pt. 1 & The Island Pt. 2. My personal view is that, Pt. 1 is the cheesy part, and Pt. 2 is the incredibly awesome part. Madeon changed all that. This remix made Pt. 1 awesome too, so both parts could be friends without jealousy. 

I love all the distinct and diverse arpeggio work, the drums, the vocal mixing, everything about the first section. The part at the end where the wobbles kick in are, well, decent (still better than original Pt. 1, don't stab me Rob Swire). Really though, I must emphasize Madeon's unique sound, but I don't know how. Just listen closely, like, a whole bunch of times, and make up your own version. 

Lastly, Madeon, if you read this, remix Pt. 2. Please? For the sake of all that is sacred, and such!
/Lekroth
No copyright infringement intended. All cred goes to the respective authors and labels, as they should!

No comments:

Post a Comment