Thursday, July 21, 2011

Waddup Hip-Hop Time!

As an introduction, I don't want to claim that I "know" hip-hop or something in particular. To be fair, the only hip-hop I listened to as a kid was Eminem and D12, which isn't particularly "real", and proper hip-hop is something kinda new to me. If someone feels like going all wild-out "you ain't ghetto bro this shit ain't even real", well, blow me. This isn't exactly standard procedure but, good music is hard to come by and frankly, sometimes spicing it up is dope for everyone!


Ok, Jedi Mind Tricks should be a familiar name to most, yeah? Now, I'm not 100% clear on the story behind all this, what I do know is that Vinnie Paz is pretty much the frontman for both AotP and JMT. Afaik, JMT consists of Paz, Stoupe(?) and Jus Allah(??). Though I've read that JMT is, or was, a duo, so I'm still confused! Anyway, AotP is pretty much an army as stated, 'cus they're like 10+ people or something. Ripped to Shreds is my favorite song of theirs, Celph Titled's verse is killer hard. I think Demoz does verse numero dos, which is fast as a motherfucker and has sick flow. Love Vinnie's verse as well and the chorus is catchy like crabs. 
Awesome hip-hop song imo, fuck bitches.


If you cared to read the wall of text above, you saw that Celph Titled is in AotP, and I'm a big fan of his style. In 2010 he released an album, with beats made by Buckwild. Buckwild has done a lot of beats for famous and non-famous rappers, and what I like about his beats is that they feel like the old-school hip-hop and have a lot of diversity ranging from jazz to all kinds of crazy stuff. With the swag & "hards snares and not lame snaps", to quote Celph Titled. The humorous type of lyrics is great, this tune comes packed with a whole lotta hilarious one-liners. 
Would like to see a new Celph album asap please!


I featured this song for three reasons, it's a great song, love the chorus and the beat with the guitar work. Second, because R.A kinda tells his story, at least the part about not being famous and such. Third, everyone loves a video don't they? (Plus it's a hilarious video, "I'LL KILL THIS FUCKIN' SNAKE"). Really though, I've had friends complaining about the way "Every Record Label Sucks Dick" sounds, for example. But the fact is, to understand and like hip-hop, you've gotta listen properly to the lyrics, and try to relate. 
R.A is also releasing an album together with Buckwild, hopefully in 2011!

You can probably see the pattern here, since R.A has done a great song together with Paz called Uncommon Valor, and all of the mentioned artists are pretty much intertwined with each other in one way or another.
This post is getting quite long, so you'll have to do as mentioned, and understand the damn lyrics for yourself. I can't do everything for you. 

Seriously I can't.
No copyright infringement intended. All cred goes to the respective authors and labels, as they should!

No comments:

Post a Comment