Wednesday, July 13, 2011

In The Mix: Nostalgia + Interview!

BASSPOLICE is proud to announce it's first interview!
We got a chance to ask some (pretty retarded) questions to Nostalgia, to promote his new 3k mix! He released this when he reached 3,000 likes on facebook, a well earned feat. The interview takes up a lot of post space so let me just say that we love this mix and look forward to future tunes from Nostalgia!
(Tracklist now in comments section)


Nostalgia - 3K Fans Mix (FREE 320 + DESKTOP BACKGROUND) by Nostalgia


 B - First off, we'll start with the obligatory, weak question, what got
you into electronic music production?


N - Sub woofers.  Well, Limewire.  Like 6 years ago I went to a “Black
Friday” sale at Best Buy with my bro and dad to pick up 2x 12” subs
and an amp.  The night before that I had downloaded any song with the
word “Bass” in it so I could test ‘em out when they were installed.
So we got there at 4am, got in at 5 or 6 (I don’t remember) and my EDM
music career started at 7am with “Drumsound and Simon Bassline Smith -
Jungleist (Twisted Individual remix).”  First drum and bass song I had
ever heard, still my favorite.


B - You've made a pretty dope mix here, with a whole lotta tracks we
haven't heard and great classics alike. What, if any, inspiration did
you use for this mix?


N - The mix is kind of reactionary to close-minded dubstep fans.  I’m
not angry at anyone, but I treat my mixes often as “what can I get
away with in a dubstep set” lol.  I am IN LOVE with the 100-110 stuff
that’s in there, that’s not moombaton.  It doesn’t have a name I guess
but its so funky and still heavy, gets me movin’ like nothin’ else.


 B - I'll let the likes of Borgore influence a question here. What would
you do if you was like, filthy rich?


N - Ha, I think we’ve all seen the Buygore interviews... Um, trick out
my 98’ Saturn SC2 (Pearl).  Buy a Burberry jacket for my girlfriend.
And get a house so I don’t have to make tunes on headphones most of
the time :/ Oh, and get Jonathan Gering some more V’s.


B - As a follow-up, which live show has been your wildest one to date?


N - Well, at the show I just played in DC there was a patio with 2
foam guns haha.  But I think the craziest show so far was in St. Louis
booked with the Wolf Pack.  I had a great opener, DJ Belly, who
brought the vibes up perfectly for my set.  Then I played, and I’ve
never jumped around so much haha, had to take a min or two breather
against the wall after my set.  And Antiserum went on after me so that
night rocked :]

B - What current projects are you working on? And, you got anything
lined up with any other artists at the moment?


N - Lots of tunes to finish (about 7).  One of them is a collab with
Halo Nova called “Code Name Polar Bear” haha, big tune.  I’m also
working on some stuff for school since I goto school for production.

B - For the enthusiasts (me included), what gear/DAW's do you enforce
while creating bangers?

N - FL Studio 10 DONT HATE! haha, but yea, I know all the tricks with
FL so it works really well.  I got KRK Rokit 8’s for monitors, Ion
Desk Rocker lil monitors for a different speaker environment, a Rain
recording desktop computer (its big), Akai MPK 25 keyboard, Native
Instruments Audio Kontrol 1 interface. NI Massive, Sytrus, Zeta +,
smamples n such.

B - I know The Hero has gotten a lot of recognition (featured in one of
our posts as well!) and for good reasons. Of your own songs, which
would you feel is the one you prefer the most?


N - Prefer the most eh? Probably the most recent creation, I get sick
of songs quick because I play ‘em so much.  Though, I always enjoy
listning to “Stop Killing Them” (google that shiz).

B - Out of every musician in the game right now, which one('s) would
you want to tour with the most?


N - Vaski and/or Dirty Talk ‘cause I know um so I know it’d be fun.
All my DJ idols are from my DnB days so I can’t think of anyone else.



B - If you had to bring three goats with you into space, what would
you name them?


N - I feel like this assumes I’m already going into space (RE:
Betamorph recordings) but Terry, Phil, and Tuesday.  A goat named
Tuesday could bring about so many hilarious situations.


B - If you're still here, and haven't left the keyboard to spite our
stupid questions, got any thing to say to the fans before you go?


N - Appreciate the most music you can.  There’s good music in every
genre and “bad” tunes may just need a better setting.  Shouts to
Jonathan Gering, Dirty Talk, Vaski, Oblivion, Bass Violator, Xpresive,
Devnik, Sub Antix, Cottonmouth, Total Recal, Widelows, Pete Flex, Stu,
Arron O., TC Dubstep, the Twin Cities scene, my mom, JC, and everyone
I forgot.
Thnx and support your local Nostalgia :]


And big thanks to you for taking some time to answer our questions!
/Lekroth
it's probably obvious that we could work a bit more on our interview skills lol
No copyright infringement intended. All cred goes to the respective authors and labels, as they should!

2 comments:

  1. DOPE mix is DOPE! Also big up on the great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Pimpsoul, Mooqee - Keep Pounding
    2. Feed Me - Pink Lady
    3. Skrillex - Raptile
    4. Diesel - Make The Beat Bite ft. Maksim & Brotherhood Of Filth
    5. Nostalgia & Halo Nova - Code Name Polar Bear
    6. Koan Sound - Mr Brown
    7. K+Lab - Talking Smack
    8. Koan Sound - Max Out
    9. Koan Sound - Can You Hear Us
    10. A*S*Y*S* - Bassterbation (Organ Donors remix)
    11. Gemini - And You
    12. Chase & Status - Blind Faith (Trolley Snatcha remix)
    13. Chase & Status - Time (Nostalgia remix)
    14. Nostalgia - The Hero
    15. Boy Kid Cloud - Know My Name
    16. Bare - Droid
    17. Widelows - Lucid
    18. Ali Love - Diminishing Returns (Alvin Risk Dubstep Remix)
    19. 1point5 & Obscenity - Hexanite
    20. Pony Boy - Wide Eyez
    21. Phear Phace - High Volume
    22. Roger Sanchez & Far East Movement ft. Kanobby - 2gether (Subscape Remix)
    23. Breakage feat. Jess Mills - Fighting Fire
    24. Mensah ft Noah D - Kashmir
    25. Jayglo - Pushing Pixelz
    26. Antiserum & Ill Esha - Lightning
    27. Nostalgia - Going Stop
    28. Nostalgia - Synthesizer
    29. DJ Fresh - Exhale (Nostalgia remix)
    30. Document One - Bubble & Squeak
    31. Devnik - Hombre
    32. Sub Antix & Elliot Mars - Defend Earth

    ReplyDelete